Letter from Senator Robert C. Byrd
August 8, 2003
Dear Mr. Strimbeck:
Thank you for apprising me of your interest in H.R. 2557, the Water Resources Development Act. I appreciate hearing from you.
While no companion bill has yet been introduced in the Senate, you may be assured that I will keep your views in mind should this legislation come before the Senate for consideration.
With kind regards, I am
/s/ Robert C. Byrd
(1) You can check on progress with these bills by going to http://www.thomas.loc.gov
(2) Water Resources Development Act of 2003, H.R.2557.IH. Introduced 23 June 2003. Check out Section 4026 re Mon River Basin abandoned mine drainage abatement. And, check out Section 5090, re WV & PA flood control. Also of interest is Bluestone Dam power project, Section 5089.
(3) Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act of 2004, passed House on 18 July 2003, H.R.2754.EH.
(4) Check out Sportfishing and Boating Equity Act of 2003, H.R.2839.IH.
(5) Cannot find anything on THOMAS site re reauthorization of Boating Infrastructure Grant program. What I did find is that BIG was apparently originated by Section 7404 of Sportfishing and Boating Safety Act of 1998. And, hopefully, in the next few days, I will hear from Monita Fontaine at National Marine Manufacturers Association, and, Ryck Lydecker and Claire Wyngaard at BostUS re status of BIG reauthorization.